April 2, 2023-
For almost 15 years, I have had the opportunity to discuss the Extraterrestrial Embassy Project hundreds of times. I have heard many arguments for and against this project. Ultimately, I was curious to know what artificial intelligence thought about the project of building an Embassy to welcome an Extraterrestrial Civilization to Earth. So, I asked ChatGTP what it thought about it, and here is its answer:
The arguments in favor of building an embassy to welcome extraterrestrials to Earth are largely based on the assumption that we will eventually make contact with intelligent extraterrestrial beings, and that it would be beneficial to have a formal structure in place to facilitate communication and interaction. Here are some of the common arguments in favor of building an embassy:
• Facilitating Communication: Building an embassy would create a formal structure for communication between human representatives and extraterrestrial beings, which could help to establish mutual understanding and facilitate peaceful interaction.
• Demonstrating Readiness: Building an embassy would demonstrate to extraterrestrial beings that we are prepared and willing to engage with them, which could encourage them to initiate contact or visit Earth.
• Promoting Cooperation: An embassy could serve as a platform for cooperation between humans and extraterrestrial beings, potentially leading to technological advancements and other benefits for humanity.
• Enhancing Scientific Understanding: Contact with extraterrestrial beings could provide valuable insights into their biology, culture, and technology, which could enhance our scientific understanding of the universe.
• Addressing Ethical Concerns: Building an embassy could help to address ethical concerns related to the treatment of extraterrestrial beings, such as ensuring that they are not subjected to exploitation or harm.
• Global Collaboration: Building an embassy could promote global collaboration and cooperation, as it would require international coordination and agreement.
It is interesting to note that the sources consulted by ChatGTP on the internet (e.g., Wikipedia, books, news articles, scientific journals, …), allow it to express a rather enlightened viewpoint on the issue!